Cauliflower with cream cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 ounces dairy free cream cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from veganinthefreezer.com
Core the cauliflower.
2. Break the head into florets.
3. Put the cauliflower in a large saucepan and cover with water.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Turn down the temperature to medium high and cook for 15 minutes or until a fork pierces the florets easily.
6. Drain the cauliflower and return to the hot pan immediately.
7. Spoon in the cream cheese and stir to blend. The cauliflower will break up into small pieces which is what we want. The cream cheese will also melt into the cauliflower.
8. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
9. Ready to serve.
TO FREEZE: Let cool to room temperature. Pack in rigid sided containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING: Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight for about 6 to 8 hours. The night of serving - Zap it in the microwave for 2 minutes stirring after one minute. or Heat through in a saucepan and serve.