Baked Grouper with Chunky Tomato Sauce
The grouper is seared to give it a slightly crisp crust that can hold up to the moisture from the tomato sauce topping. Use a heavy oven-proof skillet that can go from stovetop to oven. To seed a tomato, cut it in half, hold each half in the palm of your hand, and squeeze gently.
- 3 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato (about 4 medium) $
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice $
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper $
- 2 teaspoons olive oil $
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 10 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat. Place fish, skin sides up, in pan; cook 2 minutes. Turn fish over; top with tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Place pan in oven; bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.