Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 (25 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- julienned fresh basil, optional
Adapted from thetwobiteclub.com
Spread the sliced eggplant in a single layer onto paper towels. Generously salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes. Flip the eggplant, salt the other side, and let sit for another 15 minutes. Rince the eggplant with water and pat dry with clean paper towels. (This process will draw out the excess moisture and bitterness from the eggplant. I have seen some skip this step entirely.)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. In a separate dish, lightly beat the eggs with the water.
Dip the eggplant slices in the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcumbs onto the eggplant to evenly coat both sides.
Drizzle a foil-lined sheet pan with the olive oil and spread it around to cover the whole pan. Place the breaded eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip the slices, then bake for an additional 10 minutes on the other side. Spoon sauce onto each slice and top with shredded cheese. Return to the oven and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil right before serving.
You'll also love
- Orange Dream Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Tortilla Taco Casserole 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Flu-Fighter Sunshine Smoothie 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Grouper with Chunky Tomato... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegetable Farfel Kugel 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Vegan Hungarian Eggplant 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pão de Queijo (Pan de Queso) 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Sheet Pan Sausage Parmesan with... 4/5 (1 Votes)