Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie
Chocolate peanut butter pie is the perfect decadent dessert that everyone can agree on. This gluten free pudding pie is smooth, creamy, and oh so delicious.
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped, plus more for chocolate shavings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream, plus 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In small bowl, stir together cereal and melted butter. Press in bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 350°F. Bake crust 15 minutes. Sprinkle with one-third of the chopped chocolate.
Meanwhile, in large heatproof bowl, mix cocoa and remaining chopped chocolate; reserve.
In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium-high heat until almost boiling.
In medium heatproof bowl, beat sugar, egg and egg yolks with whisk until pale yellow. Slowly beat in half of the hot half-and-half, then stir egg mixture back into remaining half-and-half in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Heat mixture just to boiling. Cook, beating with whisk, about 1 minute or until thickened.
Pour through sieve into reserved cocoa mixture; beat with whisk until smooth.
Pour into crust; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Wipe out saucepan. Add 6 tablespoons cream. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
Place vanilla baking chips and peanut butter in medium heatproof bowl. Pour hot cream on top and let stand until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes; beat with whisk until smooth. Spread evenly over chilled pie. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 1/2 hours.
To serve, top servings of pie with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
You'll also love
- Vegetable Barley Soup 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Melt In Your Mouth Blueberry Cake 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- White Russian Pudding Shots 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Yoder's Peanut Butter Pie 3.9/5 (139 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- PEANUT BUTTER PIE 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate Silk Pie 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
Review this recipe