Chocolate Silk Pie
By Nicole S
A rich and magical dessert for every chocolate lover's delight. Garnish with chocolate curls for a pretty presentation no one can resist.
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 210mins
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line un-pricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter and unsweetened chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
You'll also love
- Sour Cream Banana Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Authentic Italian Cream Cake 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Warm Artichoke & Bacon Dip 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Cookie Monster's Famous Sugar... 3.9/5 (126 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie (King Arthur... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Silk Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe