Berry And Pineapple Crumble
- 1 box yellow cake mix - (1-lb 2.25-oz)
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1 3/4 sticks) chilled, and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 bags frozen unsweetened blueberries - (1 lb ea)
- 1 can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup - (20 oz)
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Combine cake mix, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, oats and cinnamon in large bowl. Rub together with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal and holds together in large moist clumps. Mix in pecans.
Mix frozen blueberries, pineapple with syrup and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in prepared dish. Cover fruit with cake-mix topping.
Bake crumble until fruit is bubbling thickly and topping is brown and crisp, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.