Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie Soup
Are you a fan of mushrooms? Try making a creamy and rich roasted mushroom and brie soup that you will fall in love with!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or broth)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 ounces brie, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Toss the mushrooms in the oil, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing them up once in the middle.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
Add the broth and mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the milk and brie, let the brie melt, fish out the rinds and season with salt and pepper to taste before pureeing to the desired consistency and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Amaretto Bread Pudding 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Gold Medal Flour's Best-Ever... 4/5 (61 Votes)
- Beef Jerky Made with a Dehydrator 3.9/5 (60 Votes)
- Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole 3.5/5 (192 Votes)
- White Chicken Chili Bush's Can... 3.8/5 (89 Votes)
- Einkorn Pumpkin Bread 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Buttery Beer Bread Stuffing with... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Filets with mushrooms and Thyme 4.4/5 (8 Votes)