Lima Bean and Dumpling Soup
This simple and tasty Lima Bean and Dumpling Soup is so easy to put together. A great choice to make for a family weeknight dinner.
- 2 bags frozen lima beans, large or small
- 1 can petite tomatoes
- 1 can whole corn, not drained
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package frozen dumplings
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Fill large pot 1/2 with water. Add limas and about 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add one can petite tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes more.
Add one can whole corn with juice and one stick of butter. Bring to boil and add dumplings, breaking them into about 3-inch strips. Turn down heat and allow to simmer about 20-30 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir and check to make sure dumplings do not stick together.
You'll also love
- Grilled Venison Loin with... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Vinegar Chicken with Mushrooms 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Blueberry Martini Jello Shots 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- HAWAIIAN COCKTAIL FRANKS 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Soup - black bean soup 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chickpea Fritters 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Mom's Vegetable Soup with Ham Bone 4.6/5 (16 Votes)