Spinach Salad With Gorgonzola And Olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bags ready-to-use spinach - (10 oz ea)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms - (abt 8 oz)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives or other
- brine-cured black olives
- 10 slices bacon cut 1/2" pieces
- 1 3/4 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (abt 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
Whisk first 3 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place spinach in large bowl. Arrange mushrooms and olives over spinach. Cook bacon in heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheese, cream and mustard mixture to skillet. Stir just until melted and smooth (do not boil). Pour warm dressing over salad. Sprinkle salad with bacon.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (662 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Water Spinach With... 0/5 (0 Votes)