Skillet Chicken & Potato Dinner
From The Land O' Lakes Recipe Collections Top 50, August 2000. Delicious and easy! Whole meal in one shot! 1 serving = 230 cal., 28 g. protein, 12 g. carb., 7 g. fat
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 small new red potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz frozen whole green beans
- salt & pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- freshly chopped parsley
1. Melt butter & garlic in 10" skillet until sizzling; add potatoes and onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned (12-14 minutes). Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
2. Place chicken in same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly browned and no longer pink (10-12 minutes). Remove chicken from skillet. Keep warm.
3. Place potato mixture and green beans in same skillet. Cover; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until beans are crisply tender (6 to 9 minutes). Return chicken to skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (1-3 minutes). Season to taste with salt & pepper and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.