BROCCOLI BEEF SQUARES
Everyone loves this recipe, except possibly Anthony. It’s because of the broccoli. As he has aged and his palate has changed, he might actually eat this casserole now. Peter does, and he hates broccoli. This is one sneaky way to get him to eat his greens.
This was an original Bisquick recipe I first made it in 1979. Been making it ever since.
- 2 Cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked briefly, or 1 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli thawed, not cooked
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1 Can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/3 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 4 Eggs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease rectangular 13x9x2” glass baking dish. Saute beef in 1 Tbs. butter in skillet until browned, add onion and sauté. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in 1 ½ cups cheddar until well distributed. Cover and set aside. Mix baking mix, water and remaining cheddar cheese until soft dough forms and knead. Pat dough in dish with floured hands, pressing up sides of pan. Spread beef mixture over dough, sprinkle with broccoli. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over broccoli. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- BISQUICK BANANA BREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Delmonico Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- roasted pork loin with chunky... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bucatini with Sausage, Peppers and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BISQUICK BROCCOLI QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HAMBURGER BROCCOLI AND RICE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Harrigan's Prime Rib Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)