Bucatini with Sausage, Peppers and Onions
I got this recipe from Rachael Ray's low carb cookbook. Tasty!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Bucatini Pasta
- 1 Tblsp. EVOO
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb. Hot Italian sausage
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large Onion, thinnly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Cubanelle Peppers, thinly sliced (I use green bell pepper if I don't have cubaneles)
- 1 can Chunky-style Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup flat leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (20 leaves) Fresh Basil, torn
Bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta and season with some salt. Cook bucatini al dente, with a bite to it.
Heat a large, deep skilet over medium-high heat. Add the EVOO and all of the sausage. Brown and crumble the sausage, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan to a plate lined with paper towel. Drain off any pan drippings in excess of about 3 tablespoons. Add the garlic, onion, and peppers to the pan and toss and turn them in the fat, cooking them until just tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
Once the peppers and onions are tender, add the tomatoes and heat them through. Add the sausage back and combine. Season the mixture with a little salt and lots of black pepper. Drain the pasta and add to pan. Stir in the cheese, parsley and basil. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Bleu Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frito Corn Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Scented Potato, Dill & Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cola Barbecue Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Sausage Purloo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BROWN RICE WITH ONIONS AND ROASTED... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken with Pearl Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)