Spinach Artichoke Toast
Classic Spinach dip with the addition of Artichokes and three cheeses. Served on toast or favorite cracker.
- 2 Tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. plus a pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 4 Tblsp. mayonnaise
- 1/3 C. grated Gouda cheese
- 1/3 C. grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tblsp. plus 1/3 C. Parmesan cheese
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 (3/4 inch thick) slices country-style bread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to brown, 3 - 4 minutes.
Transfer onion to a bowl. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, Gouda, cheddar, 2 tablespoon Parmesan, lemon zest, garlic powder and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir in artichokes and spinach and transfer the mixture to a small baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan and bake until the mixture is bubbling and starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.
Toast the bread. Top each slice with the artichoke/spinach mixture.
You'll also love
- Poor Man's Garlic Butter Pasta 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and... 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Spinach & Gruyere Cheese Quiche... 3.7/5 (228 Votes)
- Chicken, Artichoke Heart & Spinach... 4.4/5 (59 Votes)