Blackened Shrimp Alfredo
Entree, Shrimp and Pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp
- Large zip-top bag
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 8 oz steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced
- mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan/
- Romano cheese
• Put water on to boil for pasta.
• Chop basil; set aside.
1. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place seasonings and shrimp in zip-top bag; seal bag and shake to coat. Place oil in pan, then arrange shrimp in single layer; cook 2 minutes without turning.
2. Cook pasta following package instructions.
3. Add vegetables to shrimp. Rotate shrimp to top and cover; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients (including basil); reduce heat to medium-low, cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is hot.
4. Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir shrimp mixture into pasta; cook and stir 1-2 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 490kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 205mg; SODIUM 830mg; CARB 51g; FIBER 3g;
PROTEIN 30g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 70%; CALC 10%; IRON 25%