Warm Red Cabbage Salad With Roast Chicken, And Gorgonzola
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups thinly-sliced red cabbage
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 small fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 small carrot peeled, and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 pear peeled, cored, and cut into 16 slices
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (abt 4 oz)
Finely chop garlic cloves in processor. Add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and blend until smooth. With machine running, gradually add olive oil and process until well blended. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
Combine cabbage, chicken, fennel, radicchio, onion, walnuts, carrot and pear slices in large bowl. Pour enough dressing over salad to coat. Toss well. Working in batches, sauté salad mixture in large skillet over medium heat until salad is warm and cabbage is slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each salad and serve.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.