Tuscan Pasta with Lemon Sauce, Basil and Mint
- 1 pkg (500g) dry linguine or tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
- 6 tbsp lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 cup pasta stock
- 2/3 cup Parmesan (grated for garnish)
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile mix the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, basil, mint, parsley and pepper in a small bowl. set aside.
Drain the pasta, setting aside 1 cup (250 ml) pasta stock.
In a large bowl, toss in the lemon mixture.
Add a little of the pasta stock if it seems too dry.
Pass a bowl of the grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
serves 4 to 6.