Candied Bacon Jerky
WARNING: This Candied Bacon Jerky is super addictive! The only thing wrong with this recipe is it wasn't enough. I'd suggest making more! If you don't - I won’t judge you if you eat it all in one sitting.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100-g)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 10 strips bacon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 170mins
Preheat the oven to about 225°F.
Use a rimmed baking sheet with a fitted rack for this recipe if you can. Line the baking sheet with foil and spray the rack generously with cooking spray.
In a shallow bowl, combine the brown sugar and cayenne. Dip/pat each slice of bacon on both sides in the sugar mixture, shaking off excess, and then place on the wire rack (note: you may or may not be able to squeeze them all on one pan).
Bake the bacon for about 2.5 to 3 hours, flipping the strips every hour. When the bacon is done, it will be a deep mahogany brown and will have shrunk quite a bit. Let the bacon cool a minute then move it around every so often to ensure it doesn’t stick to the pan. The bacon will firm up as it cools. I won’t judge you if you eat it all in one sitting.
You'll also love
- Seared Cod with Potato veggie salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caprese Calzones 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Chicken Breasts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Bacon &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Candied Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Amish Sticky Buns 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Peanut & Popcorn Snack Mix 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)