Pork Tenderloin w/ Wild Huckleberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (garlic-infused oil will yield more flavor) plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus 2 sprigs, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher or coarse ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh huckleberries or blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
Lightly rub the pork with the olive oil. Combine the chopped herbs, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Roll the pork loin in the herb mixture. Refrigerate.
In a medium saucepan, combine the huckleberries, sugar, vinegar, and wine and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and saute the pork on all sides until golden brown. Place in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F.
Transfer the pork to a serving platter and spoon a generous amount of huckleberry sauce over the pork. Garnish with springs of rosemary.
You'll also love
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Chicken and Broccoli... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RASPBERRY-GRAPE SMOOTHIE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tournedos of Beef Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Broccoli Cheddar Bread Bowl 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Low Acid Blueberry Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork... 4/5 (2 Votes)