SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS BY SWEETIE PIE’S FAMILY
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 small onion sliced julienne
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 center cut pork chops
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
Adapted from sweetiepiess.com
1. Place flour in a large resalable plastic bag. Add chops two at a time, and shake to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry chops until brown on both sides. Remove chops from skillet, add onions, garlic and pepper and reduce heat to medium and sauté.
3. Blend soup and milk in the skillet, stirring to scrape up the bits of breading left over from the chops. You can adjust the amount of milk depending on how thick you want the gravy to be (it will thin a bit during the cooking process). Bring to a gentle boil, increasing heat slightly if necessary.
4. When soup mixture is bubbling, return chops to skillet. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.