Chicken in Lemon-Caper Sauce - Weight Watchers
This healthier version of lemon-caper sauce works perfectly on these lightly floured strips of crispy fried chicken strips.
4 Weight Watchers PPV per serving (1 Piece chicken and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4(1/4 pound)4 (1/4 pound) chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2cup1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Mix together flour and salt in pie plate. Dip chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to plate.
Add broth, lemon juice, and capers to the skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
Return chicken to skillet and cook, turning to coat, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Remove skillet from heat: add butter and parsley. Pour over chicken and serve.