Healthy Chicken Spaghetti Stroganoff Style
Spaghetti made with spiral noodles made from zucchini and squash served with a stroganoff inspired chicken and vegetable sauce.
- 4 medium yellow squash, skin removed
- 4 medium zucchini, skin removed
- 1 large carrot, skin removed
- 2 medium carrots, skin removed
- 2 medium celery stalks, skin removed
- 1 small package baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Parmigiano, grated
- 3 tablespoons Romano, grated
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 to 3 cups fresh chicken stock
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup good white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Parkay Squeez butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
You will need a Vegetti Pro to create noodles (or for less healthy recipe use regular spagetti noodles).
Place chicken breasts into a large dutch oven pan fill with water and cook at medium heat till chicken is cooked through. Cube the chicken and set aside .
In a large skillet pour 1/2 cup chicken stock, chopped mushrooms, onions, 2 bay leaves. Grate in the 2 medium size carrots, and the 2 celery stalks. Add 1/4 teaspoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder cook untill liquid is evaporated.then set aside.
Start sauce in medium size pan. Add 1 can evaporated milk, 2 tablespoons Parkay Squeez butter, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste ,1/3 cup cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg,and 5 tablespoons flour. Stir with whisk until all ingredients are combined and smooth. Cook on low temperature until the mixture begins to thicken, then remove from heat.
Go back to the mushroom mixture and add 1 cup fresh chicken stock, the chopped chicken,1/2 cup good white wine, and cook until liquid has evaporated.
While mushroom mixture is cooking start the zucchini and squash noodles made from the New Veggetti Pro. Put them into a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until done, but not mushy. While the noodles are cooking, make sure you heat up all ingiedents to be combined.
Drain noodles and place on plate, top with mushroom mixture, and then laddle sauce over all items then grate the Parmigiano and Romano cheeses over the plates before serving!
You'll also love
- Weekend Biscuit Egg Casserole 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Breakfast Delight 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole 4.2/5 (110 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Autumn Harvest Veggie... 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Bourbon Street Chicken 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo - Instant Pot 4.3/5 (92 Votes)
- Fiesta Buttermilk Ranch Chicken... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)