Endive Leaves With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Salsa
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup minced fresh fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons chopped brine-cured black olives, such as
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tspn dried rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 24 Belgian endive leaves ends trimmed (from abt 3 large heads)
Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and chop peppers.
Mix fennel, olives, oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic and peppers in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Arrange endive leaves on platter. Spoon 1 tablespoon salsa onto each endive leaf and serve.
This recipe yields 24.
Per Endive leaf: calories, 12; total fat, 1g; saturated fat, 0.5g; cholesterol, 0mg.
You'll also love
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Braised Escarole & Cannellini Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Escarole Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)