Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic & Thyme
- 16 even sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 tbsp. fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from cakescottage.com
Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 2 - 3 minutes
Arrange the mushrooms in a 9 x 13 cooking dish with the stalks facing upwards.
In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, and seasoning.
Spoon a little garlic butter onto each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
Bake for 15 minutes or golden around mushroom cap.