Fried Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy (Paula Deen)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 (1 in thick) bone in pork chops
- 1/2 c + 3 T all purpose flour
- 1 t salt, divided
- 3 Lg eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 T butter
- 8 oz. pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 c chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 t minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 t minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 t white wine vinegar
- Garnish: fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 200. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
In Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 1 in. & heat over med high heat until deep fry thermometer registers 350.
In shallow dish, stir together 1/2 c flour & 1/2 t salt. Place beaten eggs & bread crumbs in separate shallow dishes. Lightly dredge pork chops in flour mixture shaking off excess. Dip chops in egg letting excess drip off. Dredge chops in bread crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Fry chops in hot oil 6-8 min per side until golden brown & cooked through. Transfer chops to prepared rack & place in oven to keep warm.
In lg skillet, melt butter over med high heat. Add mushrooms, onion & garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 10 min until mushrooms have released their liquid. Sprinkle in remaining 3 T flour; cook stirring constantly for 1 min. Stir in broth, remaining 3 ingredients & remaining 1/2 t salt; cook, stirring frequently for 8 min until thickened. Serve mushroom sauce over pork chops.
Garnish with oregano if desired.
You'll also love
- Weight Watchers Oven Fried Pork... 4.3/5 (79 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Easy Peach Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jerusalem Artichokes, Zucchini &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Cordon Bleu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Grillades - CC 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- loin of Venison with dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Oven-Fried Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)