Butternut Squash & Brown Butter Linguine
- 6 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 large sage leaves
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. butter over medium- high. Add the squash and crushed red pepper; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is browned and tender, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tbsp. butter over medium. Add the sage and fry until crispy, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sage to paper towels. Swirl the skillet until the butter is golden- brown and nutty, about 2 minutes. Add the linguine, reserved pasta water and squash; toss to coat. Season.
Divide the pasta between plates. Top with the ricotta, fried sage and lemon zest.
You'll also love
- Pork Tenderloin with Seasoned Rub 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tangy Broccoli Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Dream Sickle Dessert Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock-Pot Ravioli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)