Butternut Squash & Brown Butter Linguine
- 6 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 large sage leaves
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. butter over medium- high. Add the squash and crushed red pepper; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is browned and tender, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tbsp. butter over medium. Add the sage and fry until crispy, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sage to paper towels. Swirl the skillet until the butter is golden- brown and nutty, about 2 minutes. Add the linguine, reserved pasta water and squash; toss to coat. Season.
Divide the pasta between plates. Top with the ricotta, fried sage and lemon zest.
You'll also love
- GREEK SALMON AND ORZO 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Doberge Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- J. Gilbert's Cheddar Peppercorn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli By... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Ribbons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Pork Ribs with Rigatoni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine alla Pescatora 0/5 (0 Votes)