Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
These were a big hit! Be sure to cook for just 12 minutes. They may look like they aren't done, but trust me, they'll turn out delicious!! They taste light & airy, like biting into a chocolate cloud!
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 150mins
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese & butter until smooth. Add the egg, then vanilla extract. Add the cake mix & beat until combined. Cover & refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls & then roll them in powdered sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft & "gooey." Cool completely.
You'll also love
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Herbed Prime Rib 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Cranberry Sauce 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Praline Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Browned Butter Pumpkin Cake with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake 3.8/5 (38 Votes)
- Rose Levy Beranbaum's Fresh... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies 4.5/5 (11 Votes)