Warm Spinach Salad With Scallops
- 3 thick-cut bacon slices chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot minced
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound baby spinach - (abt)
- 1 pound sea scallops side muscles removed
In a fry pan over medium heat, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the vinegar, shallot and a pinch of pepper. Add the spinach and toss to coat with the vinegar mixture. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the bowl of spinach, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat over the spinach and toss quickly to combine. Divide the spinach mixture among individual plates. Reserve the remaining fat in the pan.
Return the fry pan to medium-high heat and add the scallops. Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides but still slightly translucent in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Arrange on the spinach and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Very Berry Smoothies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Two-Berry Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Trout Amandine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tilapia With Sweet Peppers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Green Curry Mussels 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strata With Asparagus, Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach And Feta Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Trout In Endive Spears 0/5 (0 Votes)