Veal Scallopini With Mushrooms And Peppers - ...
- 8 veal scallops, 1/3" to 1/2" thk - (abt 1 lb total)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms brushed clean, and sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto cut narrow strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
One at a time, place the veal scallops between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently with a meat tenderizer until 1/4 inch thick. Spread the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Lightly dust the veal scallops, shaking off the excess.
In a large fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the veal and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer the veal to a plate.
Add the bell pepper and mushrooms to the fry pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bell pepper is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Stir in the prosciutto and season with salt and pepper. Return the veal to the pan, spooning the vegetables and prosciutto over it, and cook for about 1 minute more.
Transfer to a warmed platter or individual plates and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Seared Duck Breast Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Seafood Platter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Passover French Toast With Concord... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weakfish Roasted With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Lobster Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Alaska King Crab Stir-Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Lemongrass Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crisp Duck Breast With Pink... 0/5 (0 Votes)