Traditional Southern Fried Chicken
- 6 Airline Chicken Breasts, soaked in brine (brine recipe below)*
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
Preheat fryer to 350 degrees F. Set up a breading station: season the flour with salt and pepper.
Reserve in one container. Mix milk and buttermilk together and reserve in another container.
Dredge chicken into flour, followed by buttermilk mixture and back into flour again.
Gently add breaded chicken breasts to fryer, careful not to over crowd them. Fry for approximately 12–15 minutes.
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1/4 cup Sugar
Combine ingredients and bring to a boil. Chill brine to below 40 degrees F by storing in refrigerator or whisking over an ice bath until cool. Submerge chicken in brine, refrigerate for 8–12 hours
You'll also love
- Chicken Yakisoba Recipe 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chinese Sesame Chicken 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Mexican Lasagna 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Creamy Stove Top Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta 3.9/5 (101 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Schnitzel 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Chicken and Dumplings (No... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Real Southern Buttermilk Fried... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)