Mexican lasagna is a perfect recipe to make ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to bake. If it is cool, increase baking time to about 45 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and the cheese bubbly.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion,diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 (10-ounce) cans medium enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream (regular or nonfat
- 1 (16-ounce) can spicy or regular refried beans(regular or nonfat)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend (regular or nonfat)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190 degrees C).
In a large non stick skillet, add olive oil over medium heat , add onion and cooked until translucent, add turkey and brown, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks, about 10 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water, bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer turkey mixture until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped green chilies, black beans and corn and remove from heat.
Spread a scant 2/3 cup enchilada sauce evenly over the bottom of an 8x10-inch baking dish; top sauce with 4 tortillas, overlapping. Spread tortillas with half the sour cream, half the refried beans, half the turkey mixture, and 1/3 the cheese blend. Top with another 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and 4 more tortillas. Firmly press down on tortillas to compact the layers beneath.
Repeat layers, spreading remaining sour cream, refried beans, turkey mixture, 1/3 the cheese blend and 2/3 cup enchilada sauce onto tortillas. Top with remaining 4 tortillas; press down as before. Finish layering casserole with remaining 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and remaining 1/3 the cheese blend.
Bake casserole uncovered in the preheated oven until the cheese topping is melted and bubbling and casserole is hot, about 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pie 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Magic Coconut Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Sausage, Bisquit Bake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Bread 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Sausage, Kale & Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Creamy Stove Top Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Turkey Taco Salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)