Ensalada de Bacalao (Codfish Salad)
- Green bananas, peeled and cooked
- Avocados, peeled and sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
- Roasted red peppers, diced for garnish
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs Chinese parsley (Cilantro)
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 pound boneless bacalao (Salted Codfish), cooked and shredded (remove bones if any-check carefully)
Adapted from youtube.com
Arrange cooked bananas, avocados, eggs in a large platter.
In a saucepan, warm olive oil. Add onion, garlic, bay leaf, and 1 sprig parsley. Cook on low for about 3-5 minutes. Add vinegar. Remove from heat. Mix in bacalao.
Place bacalao mix in center of platter surrounded with bananas, avocado and eggs.
Sprinkle with red peppers and 2 sprigs Chinese parsley, chopped.