Cod baked on a bed of Salsa and Spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10-ounce bag baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 cup tomato salsa, drained (use a mesh strainer)
- 1 pound cod fillets, (haddock or other firm white fish could be substituted), cut into 4 portions
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat the oven to 450*. Coat an 8-inch square or other small glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-low, heat the oil. Add the garlic, and stir until it begins to color, about 1 minute. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, and cook until it is all wilted. Stir in the salsa, then remove from the heat.
Arrange half the spinach mixture in a layer over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange the fish in a single layer over it. Season with pepper. Spread the remaining greens mixture over the fish, then sprinkle with feta cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish is opaque at the center. Serve with some of the pan juices over each portion.
You'll also love
- Salmon al Limon 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp and Velveeta Cheesy... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crab-Mushroom Casserole 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Moonshine 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Panko Haddock 4/5 (2 Votes)
- French Cabbage Soup from Door... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Spinach, Corn, And Carrot Casserole 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Fleurty Spinach Artichoke and... 4/5 (2 Votes)