Olive Garden Meat Sauce
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6 oz Italian sausage, skinned
- 1 cup red wine
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dry)
1) Heat oil in a lrg pan. Add celery, carrot, onion and garlic and cook about 5 mins.
2) Add meat and cook 10 mins over med heat, stirring occasionally.
3) Deglaze pan with wine, let it reduce.
4) Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients and stir, simmer for about 1 hr.