Three Ingredient Orange Chicken
By Sharon T
Take out Orange Chicken made easy at home! Serve with a side of rice.
Some add ins to try: soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger or for more spice use Sweet Baby Rays sauce with Chipotle. For healthier recipe bake the chicken instead of frying, and don't use the breading.
- ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 cup sweet orange marmalade (Smucker’s)
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- CRISPY CHICKEN
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, We used 3)
- 1 cup flour or cornstarch, You can use both or either/or)
- 2 eggs
- Oil (We used vegetable oil)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from craftymorning.com
In a sauce pan, add the BBQ sauce, marmalade, and soy sauce. Turn the heat on low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
Meanwhile, cut up your chicken breasts into cubes. In one bowl beat 2 eggs, while the other bowl should mix the dry ingredients.
Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch. Set on an extra plate.
Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Once it sizzles, add half the chicken to the pan then cook the other half so they cook evenly. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes each side until it’s brown and cooked on the inside.
Add the chicken to the sauce and toss!
You'll also love
- Tri-Layered Vegetable Kugel 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Crispy and Tender Fried Chicken... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Crockpot Pineapple Chicken 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Chicken 4.7/5 (18 Votes)