Three Ingredient Orange Chicken
By Sharon T
Take out Orange Chicken made easy at home! Serve with a side of rice.
Some add ins to try: soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger or for more spice use Sweet Baby Rays sauce with Chipotle. For healthier recipe bake the chicken instead of frying, and don't use the breading.
- ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 cup sweet orange marmalade (Smucker’s)
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- CRISPY CHICKEN
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, We used 3)
- 1 cup flour or cornstarch, You can use both or either/or)
- 2 eggs
- Oil (We used vegetable oil)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from craftymorning.com
In a sauce pan, add the BBQ sauce, marmalade, and soy sauce. Turn the heat on low and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring a few times.
Meanwhile, cut up your chicken breasts into cubes. In one bowl beat 2 eggs, while the other bowl should mix the dry ingredients.
Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch. Set on an extra plate.
Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Once it sizzles, add half the chicken to the pan then cook the other half so they cook evenly. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes each side until it’s brown and cooked on the inside.
Add the chicken to the sauce and toss!
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Teriyaki 3.8/5 (573 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings with... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Comfort Bake Breakfast Recipe 4.2/5 (285 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings 4.3/5 (248 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (174 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Easy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chicken 4/5 (92 Votes)
- Skillet Teriyaki Chicken 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Crockpot... 4/5 (138 Votes)
- Granny’s Secret Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Crispy and Tender Fried Chicken... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Tri-Layered Vegetable Kugel 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Crockpot Pineapple Chicken 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Chicken 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Bake 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwich 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Ninja Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Einkorn Pumpkin Bread 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Brown Garlic Stir-Fry Sauce 3.9/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Celery & Garlic 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken In Mustard Sauce (Jacques... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Heinz 57 Zesty Honey Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)