Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings
- cooking spray
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, or to
- 4 pounds chicken wings, separated at
- joints, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- cheese, divided
1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
2. Combine water, vinegar, 1/4 cup salt, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, and rosemary in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Add chicken wings, return to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove chicken wings with a slotted spoon to a cooling rack and allow to dry for 15 minutes.
3. Mash garlic and a pinch of salt together in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
4. Combine mashed garlic, olive oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and bread crumbs; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Crispy and Tender Fried Chicken... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Toasted Coconut Pound Cake 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- People-Pleasing Cinnamon Rolls 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roasted Pecans 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Risotto Milanese 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Chicken Piccata 3.8/5 (113 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Manicotti Recipe 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Foolproof Rosemary Chicken Wings 4.8/5 (14 Votes)