Roasted Clams With Pancetta And Red Bell Pepper Coulis
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 24 littleneck clams scrubbed
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon cut into 24 pieces
- Lemon wedges
Char bell pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and coarsely chop bell pepper. Transfer to processor. Add oil, oregano and garlic; puree until smooth. Season coulis with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line large baking sheet with foil. Arrange clams on sheet. Bake until clams open, about 6 minutes (discard any that do not open). Cool slightly. Remove top shells; discard, leaving clams in half shells on sheet.
Preheat broiler. Top each clam with 1 teaspoon coulis, then 1 pancetta piece. Broil clams until coulis bubbles and pancetta browns, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter. Garnish with lemon; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings as appetizers.
You'll also love
- Roast Chicken With Lemon And Thyme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Wraps With Spinach, Bell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Salad With Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun-Style Blackened Halibut 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Artichokes With Crab And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine And Clams In Ginger-Soy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Clam Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)