Nacho Chicken Drumsticks
Nacho Chicken Drumsticks combine the flavors of everyone's two favorite snacks, nachos and crispy, fried drumsticks. Perfect for any game day party or Sunday Funday, this recipe pairs well with Mexican-style rice and refried black beans or pair this recipe with assorted roasted vegetables. Start any fiesta off with this crunchy and tasty main course!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (9-ounce) bag tortilla chips, about 7 cups, finely crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 12 medium chicken drumsticks, about 3 1/2 pounds
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar, pepper jack, or Muenster cheese
- fresh salsa, guacamole, and sliced pickled jalapenos, for topping
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Put the flour in a large bowl. Put the crushed chips in another large bowl and whisk the eggs in a third bowl. Toss the drumsticks in the flour. One at a time, dip each drumstick in the beaten egg and dredge in the crushed chips, turning to coat. Place on a baking sheet until ready to fry.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Fill a large pot with 3-inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°F. Working in batches, fry the drumsticks until golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Let the oil return to 350°F between batches.
Arrange the drumsticks on a large ovenproof platter and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, about 4 minutes. Top with salsa, guacamole, and pickled jalapenos.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Twice... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sea Scallop Lollipops 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mixed Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mahogany Chicken Thighs 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Adult Gummy Bears 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut & White Chocolate... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)