Macadamia Nut & White Chocolate Sugar Cookie
You’ll definitely want to add these chewy-on-the-inside, crunchy-on-the-outside cookies to your recipe repertoire. But you don’t have to wait for the holidays to make them – these cookies are a crowd-pleaser any time of year.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon solid vegetable shortening
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Increase speed to high and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture just until combined. Stir in the nuts, cranberries and 1 cups of the white chocolate chips until a soft dough forms.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheets 2 inches apart, making a total of 40 cookies. Bake until the cookies are lightly browned along the edges, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time. Let cool on baking sheets on wire racks about 5 minutes.
Transfer the cookies to racks and let cool completely.
Put the remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on medium just until melted, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals. Stir until smooth, then let cool slightly. With a spoon, drizzle over the top of each cookie. Let stand until the white chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Caramel Sea Salt Banana Pudding 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chocolate & Vanilla Red Velvet Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple, Bacon, & Leek Stuffing 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Jones Sausage, Cranberry & Apple... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)