Asian Pork and Noodle Soup Recipe
Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Yield: 6 Servings, 1 cup each
3 points plus
1 cup equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
- 2 ounces uncooked bean thread noodles
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup coarsely chopped bok choy
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked pork tenderloin
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
Soak noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute carrots and bok choy in oil until tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce, pepper and noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until noodles are tender. Stir in pork and green onions; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.