Red Beans and Rice with sausage
- 1 package of sausage - (Johnsonville Andouille, 13.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green (red) pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 cans of light red kidney beans (16 oz)
- 1 cup of cook white rice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cook rice according to package directions.
Slice sausage on the diagonal into quarter size pieces. Brown in skillet for 3-5 minutes.
While that is cooking - dice the celery, peppers, onion and garlic. Then add to sausage in skillet.
Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
Next add water bay leaves, cayenne pepper and beans to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
When done remove bay leaves and serve over rice.