Pork Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice
This is the quicker method - used can beans, less cook time.
- 1 cup rice - cooked - white or brown
- 4 oz of Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 15.5 oz Kidney Beans (light or dark red) drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (amount to taste)
- several drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cook the rice according to package rice directions.
In a fry pan put 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the sausage until the fat is released and the sausage is golden brown. Cook to your taste usually 8-10 minutes.
Mean while, chopped the onion and garlic.
When the sausage is done, use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage to a plate and hole.
Add the onion and garlic to the fry pan and cook about 3-5 minutes.
Drain and rinse the beans. Add the can of beans to the fry pan along with about 1/3 cup of water. Heat on medium high until water boils then lower heat and simmer about 5 minutes to heat the beans through. More water may need to be added.
Season this mixture with the Cajun season and/or optional hot sauce.
When heated add the sausage back to the fry pan and heat 2-3 minutes stirring to mix well.
When heated through - serve
You'll also love
- Guacamole with Pistachios and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Turkey and Oyster Pie 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Duck Ragù 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Split Pea with Bacon 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chorizo, Chicken & Shrimp Faux... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Kielbasa & Sauerkraut & Apples ... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cuban Style Red Beans and Rice 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Red Beans and Rice 4/5 (1 Votes)