Tuscan Kale Salad
- 4-6 cups kale, loosely packed, sliced leaves of Italian black midribs removed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic mashed
- salt & pepper to taste
- hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino Toscano cheese (Rosselino variety if you can find it) or other flavorful grating cheese such as Asiago or Parmesan
- 1/2 cup freshly made bread crumbs from lightly toasted bread
1. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil garlic salt, pepper, and a generous pinch (or more to taste) of hot red pepper flakes.
2. Pour over kale in serving bowl and toss well.
3. Add 2/3 of the cheese and toss again.
4. Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes. Add bread crumbs toss again, and top with remaining cheese.