Kale or Spigarello Salad
Recipe serves 6-8. Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali
- 2 Tbsp dried currants
- 6 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tiny capers, drained
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 2 bunches broccoli Spigarello OR Tuscan kale (about one pound) cut crosswise into paper thin slices
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 6 to 8 large eggs, 1 per person
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
Place the currants in a small microwaveable safe bowl; add the vinegar and Sriracha and microwave for 20 seconds on high, then remove and place in a salad bowl to cool.
When cool, add 4 Tbsp of the olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and salt and whisk together to form a light dressing.
Add the Spigarello and toss with the vinaigrette to coat well. Add the pine nuts and let stand at room temperature, for 10 minutes.
In a ten inch nonstick pan, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook slowly, the way you like them. Sunny side up is best. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and sprinkle the yolks with the parmigiano.
Toss the salad one more time. Divide the salad among the serving plates, slide an egg over the top of each, and serve
You'll also love
- Camarones Enchilado - Cuban Style... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean and Bacon Chicken Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Iced Almond Lemonade Tea 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Vidalia Onion Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "Chorizo" Sweet Potato Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- St. Richard's Altar Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach &Feta-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quinoa Salad with Kale and pine... 0/5 (0 Votes)