Stuffed Acorn Squash
Perfectly seasoned acorn squash stuffed with portobello mushrooms and brown rice will have your taste buds singing!
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced Portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice stuffing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from jovinacooksitalian.com
Cut acorn squash in half; remove seeds and place cut sides down in pan with 1/2 inch water and cover with saran wrap. Microwave 4 minutes, reverse squash, microwave 4 minutes, then let it set covered for 5 minutes
Cool and remove flesh the from squash halves; cube the squash flesh.
Add oil to a sauté pan over medium‐high heat. Add the cubed squash, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add cooked brown rice stuffing, butter and salt and pepper, if needed.
Mix well and stuff into empty squash halves. Reheat in the oven for a few minutes.
You'll also love
- One-Pot Pasta Primavera 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fabulous Bacon Glazed Salmon 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Pressure Cooker... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Buttery Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Zucchini Bread 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Chunk Cookies 5/5 (2 Votes)
- CORN BREAD 5/5 (2 Votes)