BARS, LEMON CURD
- FOR CRUST, CREAM:
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (12 Tbsp), plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. minced lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- FOR THE LEMON CURD, WHISK:
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup minced lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- Powdered sugar
- Sweetened shredded coconut
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with softened butter and line with two 9x16 inch strips parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
FOR THE CRUST, CREAM 1/12 sticks butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with a mixer on medium. Add flour, toasted coconut, 1 tbsp zest, and 1/2 tsp salt and mix until moist clumps form, 2-3 minutes
PRESS crust into prepared pan; dock with a fork and refrigerate 30 minutes. Bake crust until golden, 25 minutes.
FOR THE LEMON CURD, WHISK together eggs and egg yolks; add granulated sugar and whisk until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup zest, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
TRANSFER lemon curd to a saucepan (with a stainless-steel interior), add 4 tbsp butter and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until curd thickens and registers 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes. Immediately pour and press curd through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Pour curd over warm crust. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees; bake bars until filling is firm and center is set, about 10 minutes.
TRANSFER pan to rack and let cool. Remove bars from pan by lifting overhanging parchment paper. Dust bars with powdered sugar and sprinkle with sweetened coconut; cut into squares. (For leftovers r make-ahead, refrigerate bars overnight, covered. Before serving bring bars to room temperature, dust with powdered sugar, and sprinkle with sweetened coconut).
You'll also love
- Pineapple Dream Dessert 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Autumn Pork Skillet #2 4/5 (1 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Applesauce Meatloaf 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Pecan Oat Bran... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dairy Free Lemon Mousse 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Curd - Ina Garten 3.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Lemon Curd 0/5 (0 Votes)