Reed's Shepherd's Pie with applesauce and blueberries
Quick, easy kid friendly
Lactose, soy and gluten free
- 2 1/2 lbs. organic grass fed ground beef
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic minced onions
- 2 1/2 lbs organic red potatoes, skin on
- 4 Tbsp. organic grass fed butter
- 1/2 c. organic lactose free milk
- 1 bag frozen organic peas and carrots
- 3 c. applesauce
- 1 pint organic blueberries, washed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place potatoes in a large pot with water. Boil for 20 minutes until tender.
3. Sauté ground beef. Add onions, salt , pepper and garlic powder . Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until all the pink is gone. Remove from heat.
4. Cook peas and carrots in microwave for 6 minutes.
5. Add peas and carrots to beef. Mix together.
6. Drain potatoes. Add milk and butter. Mash together.
7. Spread the beef and vegetable mixture on the bottom of a 9x13" ceramic pan.
8. Top with mashed potatoes.
9. Baked in oven for 30 minutes.
10. Served with 1/2c. of applesauce mixed with blueberries.