Almond Pistachio Chicken with Mustard Sauce
Serve with new potatoes and steamed vegetables, such as spinach, snow peas, broccolini or a combination of the three.
- Four 6 oz (175 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) unsalted butter
- Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped shallots
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper and flatten with the back of a pot, until a uniform thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine almonds, pecans and pistachios with parsley and thyme on a plate.
4. Combine mustard and vinegar and brush one side of chicken with mustard mixture. Set chicken, mustard-side down, into nut mixture. Pat chicken to coat evenly. Brush other side of chicken with mustard mixture. Turn chicken over in nut mixture, patting again. Shake off any excess coating. Place on wax or parchment paper.
5. Heat oil and butter in an ovenproof skillet on medium heat. When sizzling, add chicken breasts and fry until nuts are lightly browned on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Place skillet in oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until juices are clear.
6. While chicken is baking, combine wine and shallots in pot. Bring to boil and reduce by half. Stir in whipping cream and mustard and reduce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and reheat when needed.
7. Before serving, whisk in lemon juice and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chicken.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- One Dish Chicken and Rice (Asopao... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Walnut Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sautéed Dijon Chicken With Peaches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Cheddar Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Piccata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mustard Fried Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)