Chicken Walnut Bites
Warm, crispy phyllo shells make wonderful containers for a savory filling made up of cheese, Italian sausage and walnuts. These are as perfect for your casual family-night snack as they are “dressed up” for parties.
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb chicken hot Italian sausage
- 2 oz Neufchatel cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (2.1 oz) package fully baked mini phyllo shells (15 count)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place walnuts and green onions in food processor fitted with knife blade. Process until nuts are finely chopped. In small skillet over medium, heat oil. Add walnut mixture and sauté, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Remove and reserve.
2. Remove sausage from casings. In same skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, breaking up with back of spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Cut cheese into cubes; stir into skillet until melted. Stir in lemon juice, sage, pepper and Parmesan.
3. Place sausage mixture in food processor and pulse-process until finely chopped. Stir in half of nut mixture.
4. Evenly divide mixture among phyllo shells. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Place on small baking sheet. Bake until heated through, 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chicken Sausage, Mushroom and... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Phyllo Rolls 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Tofu, Tarragon and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Angel Hair 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sautéed Dijon Chicken With Peaches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Cheddar Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)