Maple-Apple Sweet Potatoes
Can be made 2 days in advance, covered and refrigerated with nuts sprinkled on at the last minute. From Family Circle November 2009. Prep is 15 minutes, cook time is 12 minutes.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped and roasted
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add sweet potatoes and boil 12 minutes until tender. Drain and return to pot. Meanwhile in a small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Cook for 1 minute, stir until sauce is smooth. Add butter mixture to pot and mash to desired consistency. Transfer sweet potatoes to a serving dish. Sprinkle top evenly with chopped pecans.
If not serving right away, so not top with pecans. Spoon potatoes into oven proof casserole. Let cool completely, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat at 325 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle toasted nuts over top immediately before serving.
You'll also love
- Northwoods Inn Purple Cabbage Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Andouille Sausage Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Studded Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Taffy Apple Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato "Tostones" 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Filet Mignon with Roasted Potatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mattie Leaks Southern Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)