Vegan "Chicken" Parmesan
- 6 cutlets Vegan "chicken" nuggets , breaded
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1 Tbsp. vegan Parmesan cheese , grated
- Marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Marinara Sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , smashed
- 2 cans (28 ounces) chopped tomatoes , pureed in a blender for 5 seconds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted vegan butter , (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 fresh basil leaves
To make Parmesan: Heat olive oil in a frying pan until oil just begins to smoke lightly. Place breaded chicken nuggets in pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.
Move nuggets from pan to baking sheet. Cover with marinara sauce. Make sure the entire cutlet is covered in marinara. Sprinkle cheese on top and place in a preheated oven at 350°. Remove from oven once the cheese is melted (approximately 10 minutes).
To make marinara sauce: Have all the ingredients lined up and ready to go before you start cooking.
Heat a saucepan on medium high heat and add olive oil and garlic. Sauté garlic turning gently until it starts to turn golden on all sides. Be careful to not burn the garlic or the sauce will be bitter.
Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar, butter and red pepper flakes. Lower the heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Oven Roasted Corned Beef with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Throwback Porterhouse Steaks 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Super Easy Roasted Chicken and... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Pecan Caramel Ice Cream 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Wonton "Cupcakes" 4.5/5 (24 Votes)